Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lyle's Quilt


I think this quilt will be the bane of my life - it has been sitting in fully pieced contentment for nearly a year now, and I still haven't managed to quilt it. I bought some backing off a website but after washing, the colour slightly changed and is now unsuitable! So I just have to remember to get some plain black homespun for backing. I am going to commission a talented quilter friend to finish this one for me with some nice fans or another Asian design.

This quilt is for my friend Lyle who has a fetish for all things Asian. You probably can't see on this photo, but the fabrics have Asian (Japanese I believe) writing on them. He is constantly harrassing me to get this finished, and so I have promised it in time for Winter this year. Fingers crossed.


No comments: