Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another quick lap quilt in progress

I've been playing with a pack of charm squares and a jelly roll again. I am into quick quilts which only take a few hours these days and charm squares and jelly rolls take half the cutting work out of it!

I've made 10 of these 16 1/2" blocks, so quick and easy, and such a pretty fabric range.




And put 9 of them together to form this so far. I still have quite a bit of the jelly roll fabrics left so I'll put on another border. And make the spare block into a matching cushion.

9 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now that is a great idea for jelly rolls and charm packs, I may have to give this block a bit of a go...they look fantastic...

Anonymous said...

I love that Vanessa..just lovely, it is one of may favourite ranges. Why don't you make some more blocks ?

Cathi said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous -- love the colours! I'm always so impressed when I see someone put together a quilt quickly. Must try it one of these days!

Miss Jean said...

Your quilt is going to be so pretty. I love that line of fabric. I bought some for a project, myself.

Stina Blomgren said...

This is beautiful Vanessa...love it...very pretty...

Caz said...

Vanessa, these fabrics look so delicious ! they remind me of my very first pack of moda fatqtrs! Lovely quilt. Cazxxx

Carin said...

Beautiful! I love the colors, what fabric line are they?

Thimbleanna said...

Cute Vanessa! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

You picked some pretty fabrics for your lap quilt. Good job! :)