Thursday, February 28, 2013

Knitted Beanies

I promised to post a pic of the beanies I have been knitting lately so here they are. I made these from various patterns, mostly found on Ravelry. When I get a moment I will post the links and credit the pattern creators as I should. Some are seamed and some knitted in the round. On circular needles as I get confused by double-ended needles and always end up, perplexed, with my stitches on one ..... so sadly, unless I overcome this problem I will never knit a sock.


I made them all from Rustic wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills which is nice and thick and warm and quick to knit. It probably isn't the best thing giving pure thick woollen garments to homeless men, as I imagine if they got wet or they needed to wash them, they would take a while to dry. But at least they will be warm.


I made these for a Knit for Charity group and despite being a member for years, this is my first contribution. It is very well organised with 3 or 4 different charities each month, each coordinated by a different member. You can put your name down to participate in any of them, or not, as your time and inclination permits. As I said, I haven't really participated much but they seem like a very fun and dedicated group of women, so if you're interested, you can join up here. From what I understand, they accept crocheted and quilted or sewn goods too. The charities for March are an animal welfare shelter, women's refuge and an aged care facility.

2 comments:

Jewells said...

Just LOVE them... especially the cabled one. Makes me want to knit one up. Would make a change from knitting dish cloths!

a good yarn said...

They look terrific and will keep some cold heads very warm.