Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sewing at Last

I've finally got a little sewing inspiration (and a bit of time) back!


I bought this bright picnic quilt kit on sale at Fat Quarter Shop and spent this morning doing the piecing:


Excuse the poor photos today. It was overcast and drizzly this morning so it was hard to get some natural light. Also the puppies kept walking all over this and rumpling it as I was trying to photograph it, hence the wrinkles!



I still need to applique some flowers onto it in bright orange, so it looks like this:



And I also put together some pretty charm squares with some white sashing for a quick baby quilt:







These fabrics are just so lovely. I'll take another photo in better light to show them up better, when I've finished quilting it.

7 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Lovely way to use the charmsquares.. like it..:o)

Carin said...

Great baby quilt with the charm squares its beautiful!

I really like the colors on the picnic quilt too.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love them both. You've been busy. I really like the colors.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I love both of those quilts! What a difference those cute appliqued flowers make on the first one!

-girl from the bush said...

i've been thinking of what to make for a new baby girl in our family.. now i know what i will do. a charm quilt. yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

They are both so pretty Vanessa! I love the colours in the first quilt, very bright and cheery! toni xxx

Christine said...

Love both your quilts ... look forward to seeing them again soon.