Sunday, November 6, 2011

A couple of milk jug covers


Here is one of the beaded jug covers I made through the week. The pattern is one I found on the antique pattern website I referred to in my earlier post (and which I am too lazy at the moment to go and link to). I had enough thread to make another which I did last night, using this free pattern:




I love the little three dimensional flower on this one, although the loops (at least in my version) are a bit biggish and aren't going to stop pesky flies from getting through. Then again, I don't really have any jugs that need covering so I guess it doesn't really matter.

One of the goodies I bought online  recently was this little Christmas stitchery book by Natalie Bird. There are twelve 4 inch stitcheries, which can be made into a quilt, pillow or other things as well as another one for a stocking. One of my favourites is this little penguin:

2 comments:

One for a wish.. said...

Love the jug covers. If you have no use for them , would you consider selling one to me??!! I have the christmas stitchery book too..done all of half one..bet you beat me to a finish!

a good yarn said...

Your jug covers are beautiful. I made them years ago but you couldn't buy the glass beads. I ended up scrounging Vinnies for glass bead necklaces. Adorable little penguin! Natalie is such a clever designer. ann :-)