Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mad Quilters' Gathering at Penrith

I had such a fun morning at the Mad Quilters' Gathering at Penrith this morning. It was a lovely quilt fair - just a nice size and not too crowded, so it was easy to see everything and chat to the stall holders and see all the latest gadgets. All of the stalls had the most beautiful quilts on display ..... so inspiring! 

And of course, I couldn't resist picking up some patchwork goodies!

Firstly, this Art to Heart book and a pre-printed Rosaline Quinlan stitchery kit I've been admiring online for a while.


From Craft Depot, some bargain Fat Quarter sets, including this lot of 10 citrus coloured flannels for $20. I was also lucky enough to find some matching yardage for borders for only $7.95 a metre.


And this lime and green coloured set as well (modelled here by my grapefruit tree!):


One stall had some quilt kits massively reduced - they were too cheap not to buy, even though they weren't really to my taste. This bright quilt kit was reduced from more than $100 to about $40:


And this log cabin quilt, including ruler and buttons was just over $20:


I also bought some sashiko fabric with the embroidery design printed on - you just sew the design you want and rinse it and the rest of the lines wash out. Wonderful stuff!

I was also lucky enough to catch up with a patchwork friend and her hubby for a nice cup of coffee at the show. Altogether a great day! I just have to decide which of my goodies to play with first now.

No comments: