Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weird Plant in my garden

I have no idea what this weird plant is - I call it an octopus plant, because its long green legs come climbing over the fence from my neighbour's place. It is some type of cactus I imagine, as it has little spikes on it and rubbery green skin. But at this time of year it also grows these weird long hairy things then all of a sudden these amazing flowers burst out of the end of them.


The octopus plant lives amongst my passionfruit vine which has flowered for the first time this year. It is covered in fruit and I can't wait for them to ripen!

So today I have been working on Christmas presents. Firstly, these two little bags (pattern in the latest Homespun):

I love the effect of the shabby roses on them. And then this little Christmas decoration:

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

That plant is just a little scary LOL! Love the cute bags AND the adorable ornament!

Carin said...

Wild plant! Its way funky.
Love the Christmas gifts.

Anonymous said...

oh no! it's not a triffid that spits poison and kills is it???? *vbeg* love those bags!!!! luv toni :O) xxx

Jodie said...

I'm with you and have no idea what kind of plant that is... The bags look great and I love the xmas ornament too... Can't wait to see some more Xmas crafting..

Jodie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Vanessa, I would love to send an invite to you for the Black and White Challenge. I just need your e-mail. If you go to the black and white blog, at the top of the right side bar is how you can get in touch with me.