Tuesday, March 18, 2014
This was a super quick finish on the weekend but only because I'd done all the work previously. I had an obsession with vintage iron on embroidery transfers for a while (and why not when they cost $1.99 from Grandma's Attic - so saves all that frustrating tracing time) and these puppy stitcheries were two of a series I had planned to complete in order to have enough blocks for a small quilt.
Needless to say, I didn't make enough blocks and a couple of years later I came across the stitcheries and put them together with some fabrics that matched the background and thread of the stitcheries. Then another few months later, came across the incomplete project again, handquilted it quickly and sewed on a backing to turn it into a mega-sized cushion cover for a big 80cm cushion insert I had.
Gee, this is a massive pillow and big and firm too. It would be great for lounging around on the floor. But if I put it on the floor, it really would become a puppy pillow as any soft furnishing so placed ends up belonging to Sugar and Spice.