Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Monday

I have been making some cute doorstops today. I needed a quick and simple project. I sewed four strips from a jelly roll together and then cross cut some triangles and put them together in a pyramid.


I wasn't sure it was going to work out - I'm not much good at calculations and I made this pattern myself! So the first one was simple - I didn't add the embellishments til it was finished.


With more confidence, I made this second one, sewing on the trims before putting it altogether.


I have enough of my 4-strip piece to make a third. I think I had better invest in some kitty litter or sand though. J caught me furtively filling these with dried beans and rice from the pantry. After he stopped giving me strange looks, he made dour comments about them attracting mice. He is probably right too.

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very nice...I have often thought about making some of these...