Friday, July 25, 2008

Rainy Friday

It has been really chilly and rainy here the last few days, so I have been spending a lot of the time sitting in front of the heater or the fire and crocheting. I have made several pairs of slippers - they are so great for wearing around the house and to bed! Here is a pair I made for my Mum:




I ordered some fabrics for Lyle's cushions yesterday and wow, they turned up on my doorstep at 8.30 this morning! What great service from Quiltsmith. I am so keen to get stuck into making his cushions but as they are all dark colours and prone to running, I have to wash them first. With the weather like this, they probably won't dry today either.


I couldn't decide, so I ordered this Oriental Traditions fat quarter pack:



It doesn't show well in the photo but most of the FQs have a tan/gold trend, which should go well with Lyle's dark chocolate sofa. And also some China Doll yardage, these ones have a satin-y sheen to them:




I had a couple of designs in my head, but as the fabrics are so lush and busy, I think I'll just do something really simple and let the fabrics do the work.

1 comment:

Lyle said...

OMG - the fabrics look amazing, you are too good to be true. My head is spinning at what I might get. This has made my day.