Monday, October 13, 2008

Next Project

I went to some more markets last weekend with my friend Lyle, the market afficiando, and bought some old lamp bases. I've been wanting a nice lamp for ages but the ones I like are really expensive, so I decided to buy some bases and make the shades myself.

This one is quartz and gilt. Unfortunately, the pretty marbling and internal crazing in the quartz doesn't show up in the photo:



And this one is gilt with a marble base:

I am still thinking about what I am going to do but I have some lovely flowery fabrics just pining to be used. And I think lots of beads and ribbons and braids are a must! Although I could go and do something plain and elegant ..... I'll keep you posted on how successful this experiment is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the lamp bases are wonderful! i love the gilt one the best. can't wait to see what you do with the shades! luv, toni :O) xxx