Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Single Star Wreath


I thought this little quilt would be really easy - it uses templates, which I normally avoid, but the pieces are so big and chunky I thought even I can do it justice. But I struggled a little with this one - very few of my seams and points match, although it doesn't look too bad from a distance. I had planned to make four of these 42 1/2" blocks and put together with sashings for a queen sized quilt, but don't think I can face making another three of them. I think I will just add a big border and make it into a small lap quilt.

This pattern is by Brenda Smith and was in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 15 No 9.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa,

It looks very effective but templates are not my sort of thing either - except for English paper piecing. Love the colours you used.

Hugs Alex

Chookyblue...... said...

I have a ruler set that does this same block as the template........I wouldn't bother making it with the templates........

Anonymous said...

it looks great vanessa! despite the troubles you had with it. four of them would've made a very pretty quilt. toni :O) xxx

Carin said...

Its very pretty!