Sunday, August 10, 2008

Star Quilt





I have very belatedly joined in doing the Star quilt along at Crazy Mom Quilts - very belatedly because it is actually over now and all of the blocks published! Oh, well. Amee and Carey have also been doing this one.

I've made the first four blocks this morning. I am just using whatever pink scraps I come across, so a lot of the blocks may not go together but I am hoping if I make the alternate blocks (in a sort of Irish chain pattern) in a medium colour, it will tie it all together.

Some of my blocks are a bit inaccurate, a point or two may have been lost along the way, but I don't care, I am just having fun today which means no unpicking!

5 comments:

Carin said...

Beautiful stars! Great points.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Vanessa love all your blocks...very pretty fabric.

Caz said...

Vanessa, lovely pink blocks, look forward to seeing them with the irish chain blocks!!

Amanda Jean said...

your blocks look great! I bet they will all go together when they are done, too. the quilt is pretty forgiving that way. I'm glad to see that you joined in!

Anne-Maree said...

You just amaze me with the amount of sewing you get done. Love your blocks.