Monday, February 2, 2009

No willpower

Oh, I'm a bad, bad person. I knew the parcel waiting for me when I got home from work was my Valentine swap gift. I thought about leaving it til the 14th to open ..... but couldn't help myself. In my defense, I did have a bad day so needed some cheering up.

So, in my parcel was this darling package with the cutest pink bow:


And you can imagine how thrilled I was when I opened it to reveal this amazing quilt. It is just beautifully pieced and quilted. It is a 36" table topper. I'm going to think where I can put it - nowhere where it will be at risk of spills that's for sure! It may even end up on a wall.

And here is a close up of the lovely wool applique centre:

So thank you Sheri, the talented and generous quilter who sent me this lovely package (including a pattern so I can make my own table quilt - unfortunately my camera just decided to run out of battery, so I can't take a photo of it). Sheri, I hope your secret Valentine spoils you just as much as you have spoiled me. Thank you so much! You really made my day! A big thank you to Kris too who coordinated this fun swap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! it's gorgeous!!!!! i didn't have any willpower either, i opened mine today too *blush*. on a personal note - my email system seems to be playing up, i've sent you a couple of emails but i'm not sure whether you are getting them. toni :O) xxx

Anonymous said...

Lucky you Vanessa!! Lovely table topper. Jane in Indiana

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh... wow...the quilt is so lovely...
I know I couldnt have waited either...:o)

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh!!! What a fantastic swap gift. That's gorgeous!!! I'm certain it must have cheered you up from your hard day at work!

Dandelion Quilts said...

OH you lucky duck, that is just gorgeous! How fun for you! Sheri is extra talented, isn't she??? I wouldn't have waited either. Hope your week is going better.