Friday, February 13, 2009

Some recent bag projects

Both of these bags were gifts so I haven't been able to post pics until now, so I wouldn't spoil the surprise. Now that they have reached their respective recipients, I can share some pics.


I made this black and white tote for a secret birthday swap. I made it out of some crazy black and white blocks I put together a little while ago, and made it big and roomy. It's not perfect - I kind of struggled with the buttonholes and I was running out of black thread so couldn't quilt it the way I wanted to, but I hope the birthday girl liked it anyway. I normally make really girly bags with lots of embellishments so my aim in this one was to make one suitable for everyday use that would go with lots of outfits.





And this very girly bag was for the Valentine's swap run by Kris of Dandelion Quilts. And by the luck of the draw, Kris was my swap partner and she has said some lovely kind things about my gifts on her blog!





I'll be back on bag lady duty this weekend as I want to whip up a few library bags for Beyond Pink & Blue's comfort packs.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Very lovely bags Vanessa. And lucky Kris to get that pretty pastel one!

2ne said...

Nice bags you have made. Have a great day