Sunday, January 11, 2009

New quilt started

I've started on one of my gorgeous new kits today .... I've changed it slightly - the blocks were meant to have a tiny nine-patch in the centre but with such soft, pastel fabrics, such small fabric pieces weren't very noticeable, so I decided to just make a 3" square instead. Besides, I am lazy, and this is easier.




I need to trim my blocks and then put the sashings and borders on. I hate trimming blocks to size, but mine are always all wonky. I don't know if it is my cutting or sewing that is off, or both, but it looks like I am going to have to trim to 12 1/4" rather than 12 1/2", the intended block size. Luckily, I haven't cut my sashings or borders yet so I don't need to recut anything else to fit.

3 comments:

lzilulu said...

...just one word...scrumptious!!!
lzilulu xox

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty, gorgeous fabric, can't wait to see the finished product.

Lisa said...

That is beautiful...I can't wait to see it finished. The material is so soft and pretty!