Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two tops finished

Here are those hand-dyed blocks I mentioned earlier, put into a simple wallhanging quilt top.

And here are my winter blocks. I still have a spare snowman block I can use for a label on the back. I kind of messed this one up ..... no, I REALLY messed this one up. I couldn't figure out why my blocks just weren't going together and was trying easing, re-sewing, cursing, even pintucking, and did I mention cursing? And then I realised that some of the strips I used for the sashings I had cut at 1 1/2" when all the rest were 1". So it is a bit messy, and my sashings are wonky, but I can live with it.

3 comments:

Carin said...

Both tops are beautiful! I love the brightness of the hand dyes!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Look at you finishing quilts right and left! I really like the top one, I have never sewn anything so bright and fun. It is great. Snowman quilt is cute too, but we are in the dead on winter here and I for one am sick of snow and cold. It is 5 degrees here tonight and that does not include the wind chill.

swooze said...

Very nice. I really like the hand dye block wall hanging. Love the wonkiness.